HIT TO PASS RULES
Driver and Crew:
- Open to any person 16 years of age or older. Any person under the age of 18 must have a signed release form from their legal guardian. No crew under 16 years without consent.
- A D.O.T rated helmet in good condition must be worn as well as shatterproof eye protection when competing.
- All drivers and co-pilots must wear clean coveralls or uniforms (long sleeves) on the field.
- No synthetic material that could melt in case of fire. Nomex or fire retardant material recommended.
- You must be a registered driver in order to compete.
- Posted results will be final.
- Any driver or associated pit crew found under the influence of alcohol or any other recreational substance prior to or during the event will automatically be disqualified and banned from all future events for the remaining season.
- Any driver or pit crew that disturbs ANY official during show time of an event will be instantly disqualified from that event.
- If your car does not pass tech inspection you will not be permitted to compete until the problem has been corrected and has been re-teched.
- Any driver who competes with an illegally prepared vehicle as per these car preparation rules either in whole or in part, as determined by tech officials, will automatically be disqualified and have all points / awards removed so we may award the deserved driver.
- All drivers and cars must be signed in 1 (one) hour prior to show time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Anything not covered by this rulebook will be up to the official's discretion.
- Max weight - 4000 lbs with driver.
- Any 2 wheel drive passenger vehicle, sedan, coupe, fastback, or station wagon.
- No trucks, hearses, limos, ambulances, convertibles or t-tops.
- BATTERY: Battery must be relocated to inside passenger's compartment in a battery box
and secured down.
- GAS TANKS: Gas tanks must be removed and replaced with marine type tank or fuel cell and is to be secured inside the car. Tank must be secured down with 2 (two) straps. No electric fuel pumps.
- SEAT BELTS: All vehicle's must have a functional 3 (three) point seat belt system or better. All attachments must be secured. Ratchets must be disabled.
- CAR NUMBERS: Every vehicle must have their number on the roof sign, measuring 18" x 24" and on the doors of the vehicle. Black numbers on a WHITE background. Minimum 18" tall inch tall numbers and 2 (two) inch thick. Two digit numbers only!!
- TRANSMISSION: Transmission 'puke tube' and 'catch can' must be used to prevent fire.
- DOORS: Doors must be padded for driver and passenger protection. You must remove drivers door armrest's.
- ENGINE: Must have air filter installed, in stock mounts in stock location.
- FIRE ACCESS: 2 (TWO) holes must be cut in the hood, 1 (one) on each side of the exposed engine for fire extinguisher access. Holes must be a minimum 8" in diameter. If stacks are used and come through hood of the vehicle, fire holes must be made larger for safety. All cars competing must have a good working fire extinguisher, properly mounted inside the car.
- All cars must have the drivers and passengers doors reinforced with outside steel bars. One bar per side maximum 5' long.
- Door bars may be made from flat, channel, box or I-beam steel. Minimum thickness 1/4" Grader blades may be used.
- Door bars must extend a minimum 6" in front of and behind the doors.
- Door bars are to be a minimum of 6" in height both sides. A maximum 3" protrusion from outer door skin.
- Door bars cannot extend into or over wheel well openings and must be BUMPER HEIGHT.
- Remember! If your door bar comes off, you're out!!
- All cars must have a cross brace, extending across the interior, directly behind the driver/co-pilot.
- The cross brace must be welded or bolted to the exterior door bars from the interior of the car and at the same height as the door bars.
- All Hit to Pass cars must have one upright mounted securely behind the driver, and be a minimum of 2" in diameter.
- Rusted floorboards where uprights mount must be properly repaired.
- A Properly built roll cage is also acceptable.
All uprights or interior bars must be properly padded where they may come into contact with the driver or co-pilot.
- UPRIGHT BRACE: Must be from floor to the roof and behind drivers seat.
- CROSS BRACES: A cross brace must be attached to the door-bars behind the drivers seat.
- SKID PLATE: On both LH & RH lower control arms.
- RAD PROTECTOR: 1 (one) bar only not to extend past the bumper , 2" in diameter and may attached to the frame horns with two 2" support bars.
- WINDOW NETS: Mandatory on both sides ( if there are passengers in the vehicle) , no steel grates.
- NO air or add-on coil-cover shocks, reverse or extended leaf springs shackles or lift kits that raise vehicle above stock heights, starting fluid or nitros systems, inverted bumpers, excessive holes in the fire wall, sandbagging, foul language painted on vehicle.
- The body must remain stock. No reinforcing of any body panel or frame. Only the cage surrounding the driver or passenger may be reinforced. Items that MUST be removed from the vehicle are as follows:
- All glass (except windshields), trim, upholstery, lights and lenses, chrome (except bombers), trailer hitches, horn rim rings, fuel tanks, loose and foreign material from cockpit and trunk, plastic grills, hub caps, center caps and trim rings, air conditioning system must be discharged, and spare tire and rim.
- Trunks and hoods must be securely chained or bolted closed.
- A windshield or screen is required and must protect all occupants.
- Every car must install two 1/8" x 2" metal straps on the outside of the windshield or screen.
- Every car must paint their numbers on each door and the roof. The numbers must be at least 18" tall and 2" thick.
- Car numbers must be bright and easy to read.
- Bumpers chained to the frame or rad support and strapped to fenders in stock location.
- No foul language painted on car.
- Battery must be relocated to inside passenger's compartment in a battery box and secured down.
- Battery must be relocated to the backseat area of the car.
- Dual batteries allowed. The second battery must be installed the same as the first.
- Stock gas tanks must be removed and replaced with marine type tank or fuel cell and is to be secured inside the car. Tank must be secured down with 2 (two) straps. No electric fuel pumps.
- Cars with trunks must mount their gas tanks as far forward in the trunk area as possible. No compressed fuels allowed.
- For all others, their gas tanks must be mounted behind the back seat area, but as far forward as possible.
- All gas tanks must have a tight sealing cap.
- Any fuel line inside the car or passing threw any sheet metal ie: floor must be covered by a protective rubber hose.
- Rollover valves recommended!!
Engine/Trans. & Cooling:
- No transmission coolers in passenger compartment.
- Rad must be in stock position.
- No anti-freeze!!
- Radiators and or fans may be removed altogether.
- Rad hoses may be connected together with a piece of pipe. No more than a total of 5 feet of rad hose allowed.
- A flame arrestor or air cleaner must be attached to the carb. intake.
Tires and Wheels:
- Passenger vehicle steel stock rims and maximum 8" ply steel tires only. DOT tires, NO race tires. No recapped tires. ALL TIRES MUST BE THE SAME SIZE.
- Stock steel wheels only. Max. 7" wide. No racing wheels @ tech discretion.
- White spoke rims allowed.
- Any passenger or light truck tire allowed. No racing tires, by tech discretion.
- Max. 8" tread width max. 8 ply load range "D" unaltered in any way.
- No studded tires.
- Tires may have tubes installed.